Help put Archive Magazine in a store near you!
Archive Magazine began as a crazy idea between two friends. Just over a year ago, Shari floated the idea to Heather. “Maybe we should start a magazine." The more Heather thought about it, the less crazy it sounded.
We soon realized that a magazine was the perfect way to make use of our talents and maybe do something amazing at the same time.
Archive is a 100% independent, Alberta-based magazine featuring unique stories from across Canada. Our goal for Archive was to inspire people to enjoy the simple things in life, step outside their comfort zone and try new things.
Known for it's creative and friendly design, Archive is printed quarterly on matte paper with a finished size of 8.375" x 10.875".
Each issue showcases a story in each of our main categories: Eat, Create, Explore and Enjoy. Recent stories include a quick food tour of Haida Gwaii, an introduction to Pierre and Candace of Food on your Shirt, a canoe trip through Wells Gray Provincial Park and an interview with Francine and Nicole Gomes of Cluck N Cleaver in Calgary.
48 pages of goodness also includes:
- Something boozy
- A drool-worthy centerfold (Food Porn)
- A collection of items we think our readers would enjoy, ranging from books to read and attractions to visit (Forward)
- Quick road trips, mainly to cool places near an urban centre (Escape Route)
- Fun interviews with well-known Canadians such as Rick Mercer and Clara Hughes (Take Five)
- Local makers, artisans and businesses who are taking the time and effort to do what they love (Create)
Archive Magazine is available via subscription, distributed via Canada Post. You will also find Archive at local Grande Prairie retailers, such as Al's News, Grande Prairie Coffee Company and Homesteader Health (Gateway) and at approximately 40 independently owned convenience and book stores from coast to coast. With your help, we can stock Archive in more towns and cities across Alberta.