Game OVR Entertainment LTD
Who We Are:
Game OVR is a 5000 sq ft world-class VR arcade serving the greater Edmonton area. We have an extensive library of over 60 hand-picked games to offer the best and most diverse VR experience you can hope for. We have the largest playspaces in all of Canada and we are the first VR arcade in Alberta to offer wireless headsets. No more getting tangled up, reaching the end of the line, or crashing into walls - Game OVR offers a seamless 360-degree VR experience!
In the 19 months since we opened, we have seen a massively positive response from the community. Our achievements so far include:
- Raising over $10,000 for local charities, community groups and sports teams
- Maintaining year over year sales growth of over 30%
- Achieving a phenomenal review rating of 4.8 stars on google with 100 reviews and a perfect 5-star rating on Facebook with over 60 reviews, which is far above the industry standard.
- Built up an online presence totalling thousands of followers on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Twitch.
Our Plan is to add an Esports lounge to our existing location. We have an unrenovated area that we have been using for storage and staff that we plan on converting into a comfortable lounge where customers can come to relax, drink and be entertained. There are several key factors that went into this decision for how to use this space.
- Demand - Since we have opened the number one thing people have asked for is for us to serve alcohol. We also have seen a demand for more space and seating for those that aren't playing.
- Diversification - Since opening, our sole revenue stream has been our virtual reality stations. We are seeking to broaden our customer base by increasing our offerings.
- Analytics - A recent in-depth study by Springboard VR of over 400 VR arcades around the world gave us valuable insight into what makes our type of business successful. Their data clearly shows that VR arcades that offer food and beverages are more profitable than those that don't. Entertainment venues that serve food and drink generally have their customers stay for longer periods of time, which increases ARPU.
- Better Utilisation - We already have space available that is not generating any revenue, so it makes sense to build it out and we believe this is the best option.
Comfort - Whether you are just hanging out for an hour while your kid plays Job Simulator, meeting up with some friends to kick off your Friday night, or coming to watch the hottest Esports tournament, we want everyone to be as comfortable as possible.
Community - In every step of our business, we have focused as much as possible on supporting local companies, charities and sports teams. We strive every day to make every customer who comes through our door feel more like family than just customers. Our involvement with groups like Plugged In, Hate Free YEG and Out Loud ensure that we are welcoming, safe and inclusive for everyone. Those traditions will continue with OVR Time.
Quality - OVR Time will feature THE best drinks from breweries across the Edmonton area (we will be personally testing them all ourselves). We are lining up some mind-blowing technology to take esports viewing to the next level, and even let you view what your kids or friends are playing without leaving the comfort of our lounge.
Esports and Virtual Reality are constantly growing and changing, so we must be innovative and diligent to keep on the leading edge. The only reason we are here today is because of the amazing support of our family, friends and community. We want to thank each and every one of you and give you this opportunity to be a big part of what comes next. Help us Build the Bar and together we will Reimagine Reality.