CANADIANS DESERVE QUALITY MEXICAN FOOD
My name is Vladimir Gonzalez; I was born and raised in Mexico City. Since I was a kid I learned from my mom and grandmother how to prepare delicious Mexican food using quality, natural and fresh ingredients.
Looking for delicious, quality, fresh and natural Mexican food in the Calgary area is challenging for me and many Canadians, that is why I started Maxi Foods in 2017.
In addition, I realized that more and more Canadians are expressing their concern over companies using Genetically Modified, Non-Organic Corn in order to produce cheap and poor quality Mexican corn products, such as the tortillas, corn chips" and salsas. They are also looking for more gluten-free alternatives and organic products.
I offer my products at a couple of Farmers Markets and special events around the Airdrie and Calgary area. The acceptance of my products is amazing, especially because we bring the real Mexican taste to our products, using traditional family recipes. In addition, we do not add any preservatives, additives, fillers or artificial flavors.
We produce all our delicious prepackaged products from scratch, which are:
- Corn Chips: Made with Certified Organic, Gluten Free, Non-GMO Corn Flour, 6 different flavors ( Chili- Lime, Jalapeño Lime, Tomato and Onion, Yellow-Blue Corn Salted, White Corn Salted and White Corn -Lime)
- Corn Tortillas: We offer Blue, Yellow, and White Corn Tortillas, made with Certified Organic, Gluten Free, Non-GMO Corn Flour
- Salsas: Pico de Gallo Salsa and Salsa Verde
- Dips: Jalapeno and Chipotle Creams
- Vegan Dips: Jalapeño and Chipotle Creams, made with Organic Cashew Cream
- Guacamole: Made with the traditional family recipe
OUR NEXT GOAL
We want to improve our labeling and packaging of our products in order to be able to offer them to retail stores.
We are looking to raise $5000 to cover the costs to improve the packaging and labeling of our products and then be able to offer them to retail stores. In return, donors will be able to get our products at discounted prices. Check out our rewards.
Rewards can be picked up at the Farmers & Makers Market at cSpace king Edward (1721 29th Avenue SW), we are there every Saturday from 10:00 am to 1 pm (winter) and 10:00 am to 3 pm (summer). Other deliver ways can we arranged.
From the bottom of my heart, I really want to thank you for your time and for your support.